- What’s the weather gonna be?click on our weather forecast link for 5 day forecast.
- What is the condition of the track? Good on formed pathways, & loose uneven volcanic terrain. it is a poled route maintained by the Department of Conservation.
- Will I be able to complete the hike? Its a 19.4 kilometre strenuous hike with three major accents, rough uneven terrain, the decision is yours!
- What gear will I need? Mountain conditions can change dramatically! All weather clothing & good hiking footwear. A cellular phone ( good signals in most terrain) & a companion is advisable.
- What if I miss my return shuttle? You will not be left stranded. Your accountability is paramount within our operations.
(an additional fee may apply). With consideration to other passengers our shuttles depart at scheduled times. 8 hours from the start point is allowed for hikers to complete the trek, this amount of time suits most people. If you require more time I advise you to take an earlier shuttle & a later return time. This is a good option for those wishing to climb the summits of Mt. Ngauruhoe & Mt. Tongariro.